Tonight we were able to hear from a man I find very inspirational, and hilarious. His name is Glenn Beck. Very familiar name to some of you. He is so awesome! I have always had a very very very special place in my heart for this country we live in. As some of you may know considering my favorite song, "God Bless The USA"(it's my ring tone:) ). It was the best birthday present I could get from my parents. They gave us tickets to go to the VIP, hence the pic with Glenn. There was so much that he said. He shared a really neat experience about 9-11 that really touched me. He is a very emotional guy so I relate. He has a spirit about him of such humility, passion, determination, and strength. There was so much I came home with, but the main thing, is...We are the leader, we are who we are searching for to lead this country. It's us who have all the power. We seem to forget that IT IS US!!!!! That's why we vote, that's why we stand up, that's why we raise our voices. And we need to do more. This country is truly Sacred, and we are more than blessed to live here. I love it with all of my heart and Glenn Beck was a great reminder tonight.
The music was amazing also. There's a spirit about anything and everything that relates to this country. Music especially. It was interesting what song we sang for the closing song. We sang "Love at Home". I know that is not a song that you think of as a patriotic song, but it is more than I thought. This country revolves around family and home. That's what makes this country so great. It all starts in the home. Here's a quote from Glenn Beck that I LOVE!!!..."Now, we're looking for a leader, but since when did America start waiting around for a leader? It shows that the lie of our government in the last 100 years has really taken root deep inside of you. We're pioneers. All the way from the pilgrims to today we're pioneers. We were people that took chances. We were people that took risks. We were people that did the unthinkable and we still are. But every step of the way the government is in there and the media is in there telling you that you're not. Well, you are. You are a pioneer. You are the leader of your family. You are the leader we've been looking for."



3 comments:
That is AWESOME!!! We LOVE Glenn Beck! I'm so jealous you got to meet him and hear him speak. He's amazing! What a cool post!
God Bless the USA! I love you Lisa. Thanks for this inspiring post. Happy 4th of July.
My husband is officially jealous. He really loves listening to Glenn Beck on his radio show and his t.v. show.
Post a Comment