Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Till We Meet Again.

I have never experienced what i did last night with my Grandpa. Watching someone you love so much take their last breath is heartbreaking yet so joyful. I've never been so anxious for someone to have their journey on earth be finished. That last breath taken was so peaceful and unforgettable. The emotions that come with sitting right there holding his hand is indescribable. The joy, the hurt, the longing for, the peace, the memories, the excitement, the determintation to live better, the love...it all comes rushing in your heart like a million daggers. You remember why you are here, and you remember once again what life's all about. If we could only just replay these moments in our head when we need a boost of energy to keep going, we would never forget. And I hope i can always remember. We have so much to look forward to, but we still have work to do here. Our work is not over. Someday we will see him again, and we will get to experience that wonderful reunion we all wish we could've been at last night. But until than, I will just work a little harder just like he did last night. I sure miss him already and it's hard to not be selfish and wish i could just see his smiling face as he grabs my shoulders and tells me how much he loves me, everytime I see him. It's hard not to be selfish and wish i could help him work in his garden and eat his yummy pickles he grows every year. But it's all part of the plan, and it IS a perfect plan. We will miss him more than words. But life goes on, and we have work to do. Till We Meet Again......Love you Grandpa.

2 comments:

Spencer and Marlee said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. He looks like a sweet man. I love the pictures you have of him!

taytum said...

Wow. So crazy that Cliff and I lost our Grampa almost exactly 2 months before you lost yours. I hope that you know I'll be thinking of you. I hope your family finds some peace.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones