Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Answer is here....

You would think that by 5 months I would have most things figured out with being a mom, and adjusting to our new life as parents, but i seem to find myself more often than I would like, still not back to a good schedule. I can't seem to figure out my workout routine, and it is really starting to wear on me. Of course my priorties are First and foremost, my dear little SAS, but i can't deny that exercise and health is pretty far up there in my list of priorities, and i can't seem to get it in my everyday schedule yet. I guess I had LOTS of expectations of myself as a mother and very few are coming to pass. There are so many things I'd love to accomplish, and know i will someday, but patience with myself has been very non existent. I definately learned a lot from this conference. One of my favorite talks was Elder Eyring. One of the first things he said was, "The message of the gospel is that we can and must expect to become better as long as we live. Someday we will meet the Savior, and we need to be prepared. "Pray unto the father with all energy of heart that ye may be filled with this love.....that we shall be like Him.." We should all be optimists." Prayer! Wow that was sure powerful for my little heart to hear. Of course I am striving to become better everyday, but like i said I have found it very difficult for myself to accomplish all that I want. Most days I do my best, and others I can do better, but what I can't forget is that I can't do it on my own. Isn't that why we are here? Isn't this a trial of our faith? We are all here for the same reasons, and are in it together, but seem to compete against each other when it comes to "being better" we seem to always put on the "perfect little family" faces when in reality all of us struggle. We all have imperfections, and we are here to help each other fight those imperfections. It is our duty to lift one another up and help each other become better. That's why we are here. "This is my work and my glory, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." For those who read my blog, I want you to know I have a testimony of this gospel. It is why I wake up everyday. I am here for all of you. Please know that I have a listening ear and lots of love for all my brothers and sisters (YOU). I can't find more joy than knowing i have the ability to help someone. We all do, if we have the pure love of Christ within us. That's what we pray for. I know we all have our own struggles within our personal lives, and we should be here for each other. And I am here for you! We are on a journey back home, and there should be "no empty chairs".


The Famous rooster lip. I have a sensative little sucker!!

4 comments:

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

K thanks for making me cry. Lisa you are seriously an inspiration to me. Someday I'll be as good as you. I love you so much and you sure have a beautiful little SAS! (By the way, I love that Sayla Ann Stradling is SAS. LOVE IT!) Love you Lee

Erin said...

She is SO cute Lisa!! Don't worry, you are a motivated person and I know you will accomplish all of those things you are wanting to. Just be patient with yourself. You are your harshist critic! You left a comment on my blog so view the private blog, but you didn't leave your email address. Silly! Haha. So leave me another comment with your email so I can send you an invite.

jenna said...

i love this lisa. thanks so much for sharing. i love you so much! and miss sayla...well i'm obsessed!

CORY AND ABBY said...

Lisa thanks for sharing your thoughts! I have got to say that your daughter is the cutest thing ever! How are you enjoying being home? Do you miss working at all? I am a little jealous of you, I want to be done working so that I can just enjoy my kids. Maybe sometime in the near future I will be able to do that.
Hope things are good.
Abby


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones