Conference weekend is one of my favorite times of the year. I'm sure many can agree. I absolutely love and count is as such a blessing that both conferences are at two of the best times of the year. October is fall. The leaves are changing, the weather is beautiful. April is the turn around of the bitter cold into spring. another beautiful time of the year. But most of all, we get to hear and feel the spirit stronger than ever, get guidance, reflect on our own lives, see family who may come for conference who live out of town, and just get that extra strength to do better and keep going in this journey of life.
I'm not going to pretend I watched all of the sessions, cause i didn't I caught bits and pieces and a few solid talks, but i'm once again learning to balance a 2 yr old spit fire, and listening completely which is difficult. I am so glad for our DVR. I got to catch up on a few talks in between sessions. It's usually a week or so of getting them all watched. But I look forward to the conference issue of the Ensign. There is something about reading them, and being able to read them over and over again. I sure love this time of year.
For yesterday's afternoon session we took a trip to the temple grounds and the book store to visit Uncle Sterling. It was the most beautiful day, and Sayla absolutely loved it. That first pic was the closing prayer. She just happened to think she was supposed to say the prayer. She had her own prayer going on at the same time. It was pretty cute. We missed daddy. He had to stay home to finish up some work, but we had a lot of fun with Aunt Ariel. It was so fun to have her here this weekend. But that means we had to say goodbye. We hate goodbyes in our house. But it's ok. At least we got to spend a fun few days with her, and we know we'll see her and the rest of the Stradling clan at Christmas. :) Until we meet again....We have a lot to look forward to, and a lot to learn. Hope I can always remember how i felt this year. It's one of my favorite things to do is to re read my conference notes. Hope you all enjoyed conference as much as I did and will for the next week. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment