Sunday, October 9, 2011

Refining

I think that we are all being refined here on earth, but there are times where you feel it extra and wonder sometimes if you are strong enough or smart enough to figure life out. Sayla and i went on a little adventure yesterday cause she decided once again to not take a nap as she is also doing today, but I took this picture, and didn't think anything of it till i uploaded it. It was a little stormy and the ground was a little mushy. Of course for me to get this picture i walked her over and set her down in the middle of these weeds and hurried back to my spot to get the picture. She was nervous, and started trying to make her way back to the rock path. She kept calling for me, and I kept telling her it was ok, and to just stay there for a minute.

There are a lot of things that inside my dear self that are stirring up emotion and  giving me reason to think deeply about my life, and the lives of people that are dear to me. I've always been extremely sensitive, and extra sensitive when others I care about are trying to find happiness, or who may just be hurting for one reason or the other. Of course there's a lot more to each of our lives that most people will never know, but we all are going through the same refiners fire. Of course in our own ways.

Back to the picture. It's just like our journey of life. Just like I placed Sayla in the middle of those weeds, our Heavenly Father has placed us down here on this earth in the middle of a lot of weeds and sometimes the sky looks grey to us and sometimes the sun is shining. Just like Sayla got nervous, we get nervous and  call for Heavenly Father to come get us, or to save us from the hurt or fear we feel. Just as I told Sayla it was ok and to just stay there for a minute, our Heavenly Father tells us it's ok, and to just stay here and endure another minute. And just like Sayla started following me and working her way through the weeds carefully step by step, we do the same. And sometimes it's harder to see where to step.

This world can be a scary place. It is a beautiful place along with that. I'm so grateful for the many blessings I have. The knowledge I have of our Heavenly Father and Jesus' love for me and you, and the knowledge that he will never leave us alone in the journey of life. We are the ones that have to reach out to him, and follow Him.

3 comments:

Darin and Shannon said...

i LOVE that picture! LIsa you are so good at taking cute pictures! And Sayla is seriously like toddler model material! Man I miss our alpine peds days...well just talking and hanging out mostly :)

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

Thanks for making me cry... You are such an amazing girl Lisa. Lucky to have you as my sister. I love you more

The Kynastons said...

Hi Lisa! I got on your blog from Shannon's (hope you don't mind!) and had fun looking at your pictures. They are all so cute! And I'm wondering, do you use photoshop to edit them? Are there certain actions you use or do you just do it all manually? I really love the coloring. If it's not a huge hassle to let me know, my email is gkynaston@gmail.com. Hope things are great for you! Your daughter is beautiful!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones