Sunday, March 14, 2010

Peace in knowing.

There is nothing like standing at the edge of your dying grandpa's bed with your family (missing the Cook Family) singing holding hands, taking turns holding this humble beautiful mans hand who we call Grandpa, Dad, and Great Grandpa. These are moments in your life that bring into perspective everything you've ever known. Many emotions were surfaced, and we shared LOTS of happy and sad tears. Once again...life is precious, and cherishing every moment is so important. He will be having one heck of a reunion with his beautiful sweetheart (Grandma Patty), and our sweet Olivia, and many others. It's such a wonderful plan, but we are here on earth, and it's always hard. The memories will never be forgotten. He is still hanging on, but was taken off all his medication and oxygen, so it's any moment. Knowing that you only have so much time left, makes every second worth a million years. The Lord encircles us with his love, and gives us peace in these times of hardships, and sadness, and never leaves us alone. I love my grandpa and will remember all the things he taught me. We will miss him dearly, but am looking forward to knowing what will be going on up above and the reunion that will be happening VERY SOON! It's exciting to think about. Love you Grandpa.

3 comments:

Ginny said...

those are the most sweet pictures ever! made me cry!!

Unknown said...

Lisa, I'm so sorry for all the things your family has gone through this year especially. I love you lots girly and I'm here for you. Let's get together soon, please!

Julie said...

Lisa, I am sorry you are having such a rough year. I know you are strong, and you can make it through the tough times. Remember, with lots of prayer, scriptures and family, peace comes in those dark moments. Love you!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones